Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Monday, May 02, 2005

Oh come all ye technophobes

I just received an e-mail from a very nice artist who tried to post a comment but couldn't figure out how to do it.

I'm trying to provide a humorous take on some potentially serious topics--and cover a wide variety of issues. So do comment on a post that interests you. If you have a blog or website you want to promote, here's the chance to link up. It's a win-win situation!


TO COMMENT

Click on the comments section at the bottom of the topic which interests you.( If you want to e-mail the post to a friend, click on the cute little envelope icon located to the right of the comments.)

Write a comment, choose an identity from the list at the bottom right, and click on the appropriate button.

After you choose your identity, just click on "publish your comment."

So please consider putting in your two cents.

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blackie,

Here's my 2 cents worth. I can't get enough of this stuff. I also had the urge to "fill a space". The void seemed so lonely w/o any comments to this post.

Your blog invites both the most rational and the "off-the wall" comments. Every one has it's place, somehow it all fits. You must feel exhausted at the end of the day when reading and then responding to all players.

To some, their goal is to provide advice, others want to praise or criticize. I'm mostly here to absorb the thought process, with only an occasional direct reply to a few of your cyberspace visitors.

Mainly, I like to be a cheerleader,
(remember my retirement job-a greeter at WM). I think there is room for the most sublime message, or "goody-boy" messanger to your noble cause. There are those who loathe a "do-gooder". They are too absorbed with their own world to see the value in others.

Some would find it elementary, or even frivolous-too bad! They may be insecure in their surroundings, or hate to ever feel vulnerable.
For me, I have little to hide-why not try to make someone else feel better about themselves in life.

Nothing can be more noble than trying to help someone else feel better. Too many are trying to step over others to get to the top of the heap. I'd much rather clear a path away to let someone else see a path around it. That's so right, help them find the SUNSHINE!

Look at Lance Armstrong. He's just about to win his 7th straight
"Tour de France". He is/was able to do it by a team of other American riders who sacrificed their own egos to ensure his safety and winning streak. He could not have done it by himself. As the leader, he knew others gave up their pride to make him the best. Those others found value in making Lance the best-showing him the "sunshine" too.

Also, look at Mother Theresa. She
came from a wealthy old-Dutch aristocratic family. She denied herself, became a nun, moved to India, and gave to others in the hope of making their lives better.
She will be a coronation of her
"sainthood" shortly, I'm sure.

Most of us will never aspire to that level of committment by the riders above, or the stature of MT.

But, isn't it worth the effort to help make someone else a better person by throwing out anything in the nature of a "positive stroke" and/or a "warm fuzzy" their way sometimes? I sure think it is.
Blog on, oh wise one, blog on!

BLLB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home