Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Maddening blog snafus

I've just posted a brand new story, "Always Wear your Party Hat." It's listed under the "Previous Posts" on the right, but somehow got inserted under an earlier date (May 6). I dare not try to move it, for fear that my blog will vanish into the thin air of cyberspace altogether.

Three older posts, "Alternative Gallery Hell," "Sleazy 'n Cheesy Topics" and "AA: Threat or Menace" are now archived on April posts (see link on right). For a few minutes, I thought they'd disappeared altogether. Oh, the thrills and chills of blogging!

It should be painfully obvious that I'm a techno-newbie. My biggest prob right now is figuring out how to insert hyperlinks and other codes into my template--and recovering vanished posts. If anyone has a clue and can advise me, I'd appreciate it.

One more note of note: I plan to add my emerging artist boyfriend BG's illustrations to all or some of my pieces--I'm also working on persuading another fine artist to add his work too. Hopefully I won't goof up importing the images. Oy vey.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I think your blog is great! Hilarious and poignant.

Sorry you had trouble at another forum; you're right, the world is mostly assholes.

When I am in a better mood, I will post more...

Henry

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Hey Henry!

Wow! Thanks....

If you're not in a good mood now and you're so nice, I eagerly await more posts from you!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blackie, I'm on the wrong blog, but I need to know where's the story about MIL (Mother-in-Law) and her rosary sessions along with bible verses? I need to refresh and bend my knees in the nearest closet! Help me with your brand of "Herman Humor". BLLB

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

BLLB:

Rest easy, my son, and pick the roomiest closet and the most colorful rosary beads you can find.

See my latest entry, Lost in the Shithouse Rat Maze? for a pathetically primitive "site map" to follow.

As for the posts which will lead to your salvation, see these two:

World Wide A##holes
AA: Threat or Menace?

Sincerely yours in Christ,
Blackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home