Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

WOO-HOO!!!!


2003-08-24 Fireworks 076
Originally uploaded by flappingwings.
I am soooo psyched! Today Shithouse rat is the featured site for the Blog Herald's 100 Blogs in 100 Days project!

Aside from the fact that I somehow made the cut, the Blog Herald is a terrific site (and I'm not just saying that...lol). Updated daily, the Blog Herald is a major source for the latest info on all things blog. I highly recommend it!

Many thanks, Duncan, for the honor!

12 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Justine said...

Wooooooooooo HOO! Good for you!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elvira, I really like your site.

I like the idea of blogging (but being married to Duncan makes it a bit intimidating), I really like your style of writing and I will definitely add you to my regular read list.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger surly girl said...

well done you.

who do i have to sleep with around here to get some recognition?!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger surly girl said...

swashbookler - be my pleasure to look like a geek by telling you.

you go into the "edit html" tab when creating or editing a post, then find the word/phrase/whatever you want to strike through. prefix with the html tag [s] (but with <> brackets which i can't use here..!) and suffix with [/s] (again with the <>)

it doesn't work in comments tho. go figure.

if i want to steal formatting i right click on the page then view source - most of it's easy to spot. ish.

there ends my knowledge of anything remotely techy. hope it helps and that you liked the blog...

elvira - sorry for pimping!!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger surly girl said...

um, that's surly girl.

but you're welcome.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Walker said...

Yayyyyyyyyy WTG
You deserve it. This is a great Blog and you have plenty to say the get people thinking and looking. Keep it up. :D

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Justine:

Thanks J!

PS-- I'm a-pimpin' out (nod to SG for the phraseology) some of my new pals like you on my blogroll too...

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Anonymous:

Wow...I feel doubly honored! If you ever change your mind about blogging, all I can say is that the possibilities would indeed be awesome!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Surly grrrl:

Well, for what it's worth, you're up on my wall of fame now...

PS--don't forget to write; awaiting your e-mail...

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

SG:

It was nice of you to share that tech tip (could come in handy!), but I think Swashbookler was actually looking for Shirley Girl.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Walker:

Many thanks! I think you already know how I feel about your awesome, kickass site...

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Nikky:

Thanks....it did kind of set an "up" tone for the day (lol).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home