Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Come on over to the DARK side!


DSC06431
Originally uploaded by LarimdaME.
My New York City/real estate obsessed doppelganger Elvira Dark has just launched a companion blog to Shithouse rat called All things New York--devoted exclusively to everything and anything about the city--real estate, neighborhoods, safety, 9/11 issues, things to avoid, must-see and off the beaten path attractions, one day and weekend getaways, insider tips, local news and politics, and more.

Generally, there will be several different categories of posts:

THE BASICS
Detailed information about all aspects of New York City living, with plenty of features covering all five boroughs and points beyond with directions on how to get there, plus lots of useful links for further information.

INSIDER TIPS
Invaluable info from a born and bred New Yorker you won't find in the guidebooks--or probably anywhere else.

OPINION
Culled from Elvira Black's "New York Stories," a regular feature column that can also be found at Blogcritics Magazine, along with plenty of fresh new posts for good measure.

QUESTION AND ANSWER COLUMN
Got a question about New York? Just ask and I'll give you the lowdown.

Suggestions for topics you'd like to see covered are welcome.

Comments, both naughty and nice, are warmly encouraged. So lay it on me, I can take it!

10 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent idea!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't post comments there, but I'll still be reading.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Elvira Dark said...

Paula:

Thanks Paula....miss your blog!

Can't comment...why not?

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for missing me!

Your new blog doesn't accept "anon" or "other" comments. Since i don't have a blog anymore, i can't post.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Elvira Dark said...

Paula:

OK, I fixed it!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Voices of NLD said...

Think it's an excellent idea :) Though I can't think of any questions I need answered about NY

If you want categories, I strongly suggest wordpress though blogger's better for images

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shall I call you Elvira, or is it Jackie Boone? You are apparently a miserable and ungrateful liar. I have known Debby Frank for almost 3 decades, your depiction
of her couldn’t be further from the truth. Debby is a one of the most caring
and generous people I know.

She is an experienced and successful Realtor who purposely goes out of her way to help buyers who are otherwise ignored by brokers. Often this is because of buyers who are not realistic about what they can afford, in other words, a complete waste of time, sound familiar?

It is obvious you make a living falsifying facts and statements, purely to entertain
your readers. Your lack of compassion and honesty demonstrate just how empty a person you are. Your readers certainly deserve more.

You referenced Debby’s family in your article. Again, your assessment is way off base.
She is a dedicated mom, and has a wonderful loving family. She has always put her family ahead of her career.

Jackie, I think you do your readers a huge disservice and should find a new profession. One that demands honesty and integrity, which you clearly lack, and hopefully will bring you the salvation you need.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous mariya01 said...

Obviously your blog is popular! I really like your blog and look forward to your update! I will pay attention to you.
Tag Heuer Cell phones

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous UFC 205 Live Stream said...

Really nice post. I like it thanks.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was asked by a medical doctor Nicola Whitehill to purchase Dr Itua herbal medicine for Scleroderma as June is Scleroderma month. It took a lot to go through and remember that I have been through a lot! I have learned a lot about herbal medicines and my fight to have a healthy lifestyle! I have recommended Dr Itua herbal medicines to a lot of people so that they can see that the fight may be hard at times, but it is all worth it! You are worth the fight, so don't ever give up and continue to be your own advocate and you may need to switch doctors to get the best care for your body! Keep your head up and keep moving forward despite the obstacle that you may be on! God only gives you what He can handle, so put your faith, trust, and hope in Him and ask Him to show you the direction in which He wants you to go! By researching and finding what you are putting in or on your body can help tremendously and help you to use Food as Medicine to help heal your gut!
Dr Itua has all types of herbal medicines to cure all kinds of disease such as Herpes,Diabetes,HPV,Copd,Als,Ms,HIV,Cancers,hepatitis,Parkinson,Infertility and other human disease and infections you may have been going through in your life Dr Itua will prepare you a permanent cure.
Dr Itua herbal center email contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. www.drituaherbalcenter.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home