Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

The untamed


The untamed
Originally uploaded by Elvira Black.
BG says he painted this when he had a wicked hangover. In any case, it was loosely based on a photo from a book I brought home from the library with all sorts of cool black and whites of mainly Brit pop wonders of the 60s. This bunch was called The Untamed.

BG's version bares only a passing resemblance to the original. To me, it is BG's version of Picasso's Demoiselles d'Avignon>--with varying degress of abstraction and representation intertwined. BG says it is a family portrait of sorts--with him in the middle and his siblings at his side.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. Could be an album cover (if they still made albums).

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Al. Well I'm not with Al, but you know...good album cover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home