Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A very Jewish Christmas


Scots Pine in the Snow.jpg
Originally uploaded by OpenEye.
Question: What do you get a Jewish woman for Christmas?

Answer: Real estate.

I have received the best Christmas/Chanukkah gift ever: my freedom.

My ex-boyfriend L and I went into contract--we found a buyer for the co-op we co-own.

We will split the proceeds (minus the 25 odd percent for various and sundry flip taxes, brokers' fees, lawyers' fees, closing costs, ad nauseum) and each get our own apt. I'll be moving very close to BG's--you should excuse the expression--'crib' in the Bronx. L will move to Queens or the Bronx, probably.

I know the complex I want to get into, and it should be a cinch. I am meeting on the 8th with a management company guy I'd met there years before when I was browsing. He has a one bedroom, 750 square feet, river view ready to show me. Ah, life is good...

In any case, in the spirit of that most noble of all American traditions--namely, "regifting"--I've gone back a year in the Shithouse archives, taken an old Christmas post, brushed it off, polished it up, and resubmitted it on Blogcritics.

That's not the fake bonsai, btw--it's a real one. Gorgeous, no?

I've had some intriguing comments so far. If you're of a mind, come visit and put in your two cents.

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Elvira! And, Happy New Year!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazal tov, sounds like a nice aparmtnent that you're looking at. That bonsai is gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home