Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Take a piece of fruit!


La nuova Mela
Originally uploaded by *Kazze*.
That's what my Jewish auntie, born and bred on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, always likes to say when I visit. So with that in mind, I'm happy to note that the Big Apple Blog Fesival-- a weekly roundup of representative posts by NYC bloggers-- is hosted this week by A Guy in New York.This past week's posts cover food, clothing, shelter, technology, op ed, animals, living in New York, travel, health, family and friends, entertainment, the holidays (including my cranky kvetch-post below), and blogging--all from that uniquely neurotic/psychotic NYC perspective. Have a nosh!

7 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I like your "neurotic/psychotic" description. This reminds me of how people with borderline personality disorder were originally thought to be on the "borderline" between neurosis and psychosis, which is where the name originated.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Ladybug said...

ya know, i think the fruit thing is something all jewish people say, all the people i know do anyway.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Ice:

On the borderline between neurosis and psychosis--isn't everyone? Anyway, just trying to cover all bases.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Jessie:

Actually, the fruit business is pretty old school. Now we just say: "Take a Zoloft!"

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger jane said...

that's a really cool photo. trust me, neurosis/psychosis isn't a NYC thing, lol. on the left coast, i think it's in our water!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Jane:

Flickr is like a gift from the photo gods. So many talented people to borrow from!

Yeah, I guess the inmates of the world really are running the asylum.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Hey Brink:

So good to hear from you! I know you're swamped with school and all. Glad you stopped by. Hope we can catch up when you have a chance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home