Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Three about me


three
Originally uploaded by naama.
OK, Digibrill, I've finally gotten off my blogass and taken up the tag you sent my way. Here goes:

Three things I like in a person:
1. Honesty tempered with compassion.
2. A sense of humor.
3. A juicy mental illness.

Three accomplishments I'm proud of:
1. Getting my master's degree.
2. Getting published.
3. Getting laid (by the right guy).

Three big-time fears:
1. Nucelar holocaust.
2. Anything Bush does or has done.
3. The real estate bubble (I'm trying to sell a coop here!)

My three diagnoses:
1. Major depression (sometimes with psychotic features)
2. Bipolar disorder
3. Obsessive compulsive disorder

Three fervent beliefs:
1. There is such a thing as karma.
2. Bad things can morph into good things.
3. Assholes suck.

Three reasons I'm lame:
1. I can't drive.
2. I have no sense of direction.
3. I can't draw a stick figure.

Three guilty pleasures:
1. Astrology books (yeah, I'm a believer!)
2. Law and Order--any flavor will do.
3. Reading TV Guide in the bathroom

Three of my fave bands:
1. XTC
2. The Cure
3. Depeche Mode

Three great things about New York:
1. You don't need a car.
2.Lots to see and do.
3. A Starbucks on every corner.

Three not-so-great things about New York:
1. Overcrowded
2. Expensive
3. Planes flying into buildings

Three things I like about the Bronx (BG's 'hood)
1. The Botanical Gardens
2. The Bronx Zoo
3. 99 cent stores

Three kinds of blogs I don't love (personal blogs, not informational/link-ish blogs):
1. Blogs that don't allow comments.
2. Blogs that don't respond to any comments--ever.
3. I plead the fifth on the rest.

Three things I wish for:
1. An end to hunger.
2. World peace.
3. A two bedroom coop with an eat-in kitchen and panoramic river view.

Three things that make me sad:
1. The Bush administration
2. Blogger outages
3. Giving up my Manhattan coop (one bedroom, eat in kitchen, partial river view. Oh, the humanity!)

Three things I studied in college:
1. Psychology
2. Sociology
3. British and American lit

Three things I'm good at:
1. Reading
2. Writing
3. Kvetching

Yeah, this is kind of short--especially for me. For something longer, here's...

Three good ol' posts from the bowels of the Shithouse:
1.The day the bottle dropped
2.Pomo for dummies (from a psycho)
3. Arsenic and old meatloaf

If anyone else who wants to do this meme, lemme know and I'll post the link on my blog!

Technorati tag: memes

19 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger digibrill said...

Come on now. Did you make this up? Not the answers of course. The questions. I don't seem to remember any of these.

Great cross-section of life in NYC and your likes and desires. I like it anyway.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Digi:

Oops! I did it wrong? I thought you just made up your own questions, as long as they were in threes. Well, that's me--a freewheeling maverick, makin' my own rules up as I go along...lol. But anyway, thanks for tagging me!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger dan said...

2 things:

Does the mental illness have to be 'juicy'? (And what qualifies a mental illness as juicy rather than, say, dry.)

And I can draw a stick figure (not much else, but I can do that...) NAH NAH NAH!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Dan:

Let's just say, something I can really sink my teeth into (lol). Bipolar, schizophrenic, what-have-you.

Hmmmm....a dry mental illness...I'll have to think about that one. But generally speaking, if you've gotta be a psycho, do it with panache!

All righty then, lets see some of those stick figs on your blog...prove you can do it! LOL...

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ladybug said...

i am gonna copy this and put one post my answers on my blog. i think it's cool to find out little things like these about people. you should copy mine a couple posts ago and post it. i got it from a quiz i took and the code didn't work in the post so i had to type it all out. i'll link it back to you if you wish

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Walker said...

LOL
You know once you sell that Co Op your going to miss the Co Op and the blog referance to it.
I think we are all behind you on the hunger and world peace and definitly behind you on any plane falling out of the sky in our direction.
The bonus...you did it wrong but it was so right to be you . LMAO
Great post

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Timothy said...

So, do I make up my own questions or use yours? What if they gave me more than 3 labels, I mean mental illnesses? Does Anti-Social Personality Disorder count as juicy?

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Timothy said...

Or, how about Self-Inflicted-Chemically-Induced-PTSD?

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Jessie:

Well, thing is, I like to remain mysterious--lol--but seriously, I don't do well with the question stuff--it took forever just to figure out what to say with this short one...

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Walker:

Thanks! I love when you do these memes--you really reveal lots of juicy info!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Timothy--

Well, if you wanna do it by the rules, I'd say see Digibrill's post and follow that. It's called "Tagged: and I don't mean HTML" I was naughty and didn't, though.

As far as diagnoses: borderline is a juicy one, all right. As far as the second...lol...didja make that one up? If not, it sounds like the scientific term for acid casualty--though I suppose other substances could be involved. I remember in college once I had some black hash and I thought I was having a stroke because my left side started going numb and I had to lie down. Never did acid however--something told me it would send me over the edge altogether.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Neil:

Ah, there's the rub (so to speak). Pretty pathetic, huh? But actually, I didn't really list them in order of importance. Maybe more in order of preliminary pain and suffering.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Timothy said...

Those are just 2 of my "diagnosis." I have 3 more. The second one is just as you guessed, a bad acid trip. That was my drug of choice back in 1975-76, when I was 15. There is a story about what happened to me with it in my December 2004 archives. If you or any one lese is interested, please give me short comment. Thank you! It explains why I can no longer do any drugs. http://timmah19771959.blogspot.com/2004/12/trips.html#comments

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Justine said...

Can I just copy all your 3's, pretend I thought them up myself, and then post them on my blog? How would that go?

Three big-time fears:
1. Nucelar holocaust. (check check)
2. Anything Bush does or has done. (check)
3. Norway freezing over, and Australia turning into a fan-forced oven.

My three diagnoses:
1. Major depression (check)

Three things I'm good at:
1. Reading (check, but not as good as Elvira)
2. Writing (ditto)
3. Kvetching ***LOL (ditto!)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Timothy said...

Okay, so I did my own "Three about me" on my blog.

How about Tourette's Syndrom? My son's.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Webmiztris said...

"A juicy mental illness."

lmao!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Timothy:

Hey, five diagnoses to my three--no fair (lol)! Yes, I read the Acid story...very intense and scary. Hey, adding loved ones illnesses in this meme is cheating--if I'd added BG's I'd have at least six! Gotta pick the best of three for this one.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Justine:

LOL! Hey, I like the Norway/Australia scenario--well, not like it exactly--it sounds pretty dire!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Webmiztris:

Yes, the major mental illnesses are pretty juicy--lots of opportunity for us psychos to compare and contrast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home