Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Friday, March 03, 2006

A big New York thank you--fuhgeddahboudit!


The Ghosts of Soho
Originally uploaded by Thomas Hawk.
I wanted to once again thank all my blogpals for their kind comments on the previous post. I'm working on a new "gloomfest" Shithouse piece right now (lol), but just wanted to say that your positive reactions to some of my old posts have encouraged me to gradually republish some of them on Blogcritics--along with the new pieces I'm writing there.

In the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I took a piece I'd posted here awhile back called New York Stories, tweaked the title and did a few minor edits, and reposted it over at Blogcritics. To my delight, it generated a nice number of comments, and I had a ball bantering back and forth and talking real estate with various folks. It quickly made it to the "hot topics" board and was named an Editor's Pick of the Week. I'm proud to say that in the two months I've been over at BC, this piece is the sixth Editor's Pick I've garnered.

I'd republished two other New York Story Shithouse posts to "the BC," and I now officially have a column called "New York Stories" for these kinds of essays. I plan to import some other New York stories I've printed here, as well as devise some new ones--so it's all good.

I'm grateful that I have a forum here where I can let it all out and kvetch, and my blogpals will understand and sympathize. It means so much to me, so thank you guys!

9 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger dan said...

An article from your blog has been added to this month's Carnival of the Bipolars!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger PG said...

I miss you. I think I am going insane.

You keep me sane. Stop by.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Justine said...

good

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger jane said...

I'm glad you're doing so well at BC, but you're such a good writer, it's not surprising.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Dan:

You sweet thang you! Thanks--what an awesome job you did.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

EE:

I heeded your call and stopped by--will visit again asap. I'm so sorry you're feeling so down, but I have a good feeling that things will be looking up for you really soon!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Justine and Jane:

Many thanks!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sampsa said...

Congrats about your blogging success Elvira!

And BIG thanks for linking me (a blogging newbie has never too many incoming links).

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Sampsa:

Many thanks--and you're welcome! You have a terrific blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home