Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Mulitiple blogging personality disorder?


DIANE ARBUS WAS HERE
Originally uploaded by defekto.
I'm faced with a blogger's "identity crisis." In a nutshell, I don't quite know what direction to take in terms of whether, or how, to continue to "pimp"...er...mention.... my BlogCritics posts here.

Some, or perhaps most, other BC writers double post their BC work to their blogs and vice versa. But to me this seems kind of...well...redundant, no?

I've stopped posting here about every new BC post I have published. It just seems wearisome and contrived to do so, but I don't know, maybe that's just me. Yep, that's Elvira all right, wearisome and contrived...lol...

I think I could use some advice here. I'm leaning towards using Shithouse more as a forum for my more personal rants--the kind that wouldn't be fitting at BC. I have one brewing right now. But should I still mention the BC posts, even if only in passing?

Nevertheless, I'm doing two things for the time being:

Near the bottom of my link list, I have a BC banner. Below that I've provided a link which goes to a master list of all my BC posts.

For this post, I'm providing titles and brief descripts of all my BC pieces thus far--both those that have appeared only there and those that have also been previously published here. In some instances, I've re-edited or shortened or otherwise attempted to "improve" the Shithouse posts when including them at BC. And of course, the comments and commenters vary from this blog to BC. Anyone who is interested in perusing them can click on the link above. And here they are:

Duck and Cover - and Kiss your Sweet Ass Goodbye
The Pentagon believes it has found a drug that can treat radiation exposure. So what's the holdup on mass-producing it?

John Lennon: New Yorker
As the mobs gathered in honor of Lennon, all I could think was: What would Lennon think of all this?

Love and Let Die
Half-dead bodies banging around in car trunks bring me comfort and joy.

AA: Threat or Menace?
Sex fiends, malodorous misfits, old timers with control issues, making amends to jerks - AA's enough to drive you to drink!

Let's Talk About Drugs
I'm sure I would be a "Ritalin kid" if I were a first-grader today. I'm grateful I wasn't.

Uh-oh: Brain Itch!
Why is it that the vast majority of mainstream pop music STILL comes only from the U.S. and the U.K.?

The Day the Bottle Dropped
On the mean streets of the Bronx, New York, you'd best learn to hold your liquor - and grip that bottle.

Those Army Ads Are BROILING My BUTT!
Army recruitment ads urge parents to help children "find their strength." Hopefully they won't "find" them returned in body bags.

Help! I'm Turning Into A Pack Of Marlboro Light 100's!!!
I started smoking at 16. Over thirty years later--especially now that I'm blogging--I am totally outta control. Help!!!

Pro-Life or Anti-Sex?
Pro-lifers have a "final solution" for anyone having extramarital sex--just say no!

Confessions of a Comment Whore
I adore comments, but respond lackadaisically. I post comments to blogpals' sites, then forget whether I did. I've got issues.

Soundtrack Review: Goodfellas - Martin Scorsese's Sensational Sounds of the Seventies
Incorporating "What is Life" and other seventies classics into Goodfellas, Martin Scorsese takes a good song and makes it better.

Annoyed? Don't EVEN Get me Started!!!
"Annoying" other people online using a fake name is now a federal crime. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Website Review: Thank You, Mr. Skin!
Longing to see 27 seconds of Glenn Close's "breasts sitting down in the shower crying?" Check out Mr. Skin's site.

My Blogging Doppelganger
For me, blogging under a "pen-name" means that I now have a separate blog-self that's better-looking, more fun-loving, and more popular than "I" am.

Apocalypse Now?
Yeats' "The Second Coming"--a chilling vision of the End of Days--has somehow never seemed more prophetic.

Pomo for Dummies
What the devil is postmodernism (aka pomo)? And why should you care, anyway?

Here's Looking at Jew, Kid
As an emotionally challenged New York Jew, I identify with Woody Allen. But like all Americans, I also revere Bogart.

7 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elvira!
You should post here, there and everywhere! There's a reason you're a Blog Pick!
=)

KYS

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Walker said...

Well,if you have new readers them reruns wont hurt to much but you could put up new posts with links to the BC site for more feed back.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger A said...

I don't see why this can't become your personal blog about your life and the other one stay your "official writer on events and topics" blog.

And if they merge sometimes, so what? :-) It happens.

I currently have two blogs. One is about my health food kick and the other one gets everything else.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Brink and Walker:

What I've decided to do for now is to mostly stagger my posts so I'm not posting too many on BC and here at the same time. I don't think there's much of an overlap in readers here and there, and it's nice to get two sets of responses to a post, so I'll give it a shot!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

KYS:

Ah, one of my very fave BC commenters! Thank you, my friend!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Amber:

I've hesitated about making multiple blogger blogs in the past, though I almost did so at one point. It's hard enough for me to maintain the one blog, though if I did photography or wanted to set up a blog of just BG's artwork I might do it. But since my blog is sort of a mishmash anyway, I don't think I could separate things much between BC and here.

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Skylight Contractors Bloomfield said...

I liked your blog, thanks for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home