Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Shithouse rat lab

Well, after careful consideration--and a flagging hit counter and comment box--I've decided to at least try reposting my latest Blogcritics piece here for starters. Somehow it seemed kinda tacky and/or redundant before, but if truth be told, I think the Shithouse has been devolving lately into a shell of its former self--and most of my posts here either seem to consist of blatant BC pimp outs or feeble kvetching.

So I've posted Duck and Cover below, in the hopes that it may get some feedback from Shithouse readers--most of whom don't read the posts and/or comment over at BC. If that "works," I'll go ahead and repost more of them. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to the drawing board--or just buy some beers and cry into them.

I'm also making the rounds and trying to catch up on all my blogpals' sites. There's so many good ones, and I feel like I'm missing so much when I don't have the time to check everyone's latest posts out. So that's my experimental plan du jour.

15 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger jane said...

I will read the post below right now. I know what you mean about keeping up with blogs, there really are a lot of good ones. I just try to get to them now at least once a week & sometimes that's a chore. I'm glad you're enjoying the BC forum, sounds like its right up your alley.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Walker said...

I just got back so I am heading off to read what I have missed while away but maybe you can post new ones hear and some of your archived posts on BC unless the same post here can be posted on BC at the same time.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said...

I think I've finally just got it through my head that I cannot get through my blogroll consistently and keep up with everyone. And that that's OK! lol

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Some days it can take ages to make the blogroll rounds, but it's worth it. :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I have updated my blog. I feel like one of those existing people. Could you explain the whole BC thing?

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

In answer to the question you asked on my blog, I would say a typical Pisces, except that he actually manages to give them a positive name. He's sensitive, caring, unselfish, giving, and loving. He's studying Environmental Studies. His interests are organic farming, liberal politics, civil rights issues, environmental issues, and art.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Maggs said...

You read what you can, you know? I can't stay caught up either.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Walker said...

I've travelled 40 hours around the world and you still haven't posted again. What's up with that?

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Jane:

Yes, "chore" is an ugly word for it--but it sometimes fits, and that's a shame but it's just life!

Yes, I'm enjoying the BC thing a lot...thanks!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Walker:
I think I'm gonna post BC posts here but maybe not at the exact same time or something. Some of my Shithouse posts don't fit the BC format, so I'd still just post them here. I'll see how that works...

Yes, that's true--in the time it took you to fly halfway around the world, I did shit-ola on the Shithouse--but I was writing another BC piece which is posted above.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Webmiztris:
Yes, I agree--I have a relatively short blogroll but I can't seem to keep up or catch up regularly anymore...

Washington Cube:
I know it's always worth it, but I think I must be "slower" than some bloggers both in terms of posting and reading other blogs...just takes me a long time!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Ice:

It sounds like your friend has a lot in common with you in terms of interests and sensibiilities. Hey, Pisces are great!

Info on BC can be found here.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Maggs:

The thing is I'm finding it hard to get to my blogroll consistently at all lately, esp when I'm doing more writing. It's a vicious circle lol....

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I have to disagree with you about that. I could say a lot about most signs. Aries, Leo: quick-tempered, abusive, selfish, very changeable. Gemini, Scorpio: two-faced, deceitful, manipulative. Libra: charming, but phony. Virgo, Capricorn: self-obsessed, self-serving, sociopathic. Sagittarius, Aquarius: superficial with a veneer of depth. Cancer: good most of the time, but they either have an angry and aggressive side or simply are too guarded, which I find somewhat relatable. Pisces: flighty and inconsistent, insensitve and avoidant, passive-aggressive, use projection as justification. Taurus: too much range to really pin down.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Ice:

I like that: Ice's brand of misanthropic astrology! I think you may have found your true calling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home