Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...


Bush on the wall
Originally uploaded by Choufi's cameraphone.
Humpty Dumpty
had a great fall.

And all the king's horses

And all the king's men

Couldn't put Humpty together again.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Justine said...

here's a joke i got from Watermelon Rant:

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in an accident"

"OH DEAR GOD NO!!!" George W. Bush exclaims. "That's terrible!!" His
staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the president sits, head in hands. Finally, the President, devastated, looks up and asks......

"How many is a Brazillion??!"

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Timothy said...

Ugh! Politics. I do not like politics, but dammed if they can be avoided. Good People can govern themselves. Too bad we do not have world full of only good people. Got to agree with this blog, though.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Justine:

LOL--good one! Unfortunately it's a little too close to the truth. Bush doesn't like to get his news directly, and his staff is sometimes hesitatant to deliver it and disturb one of his many vacations. In short, I don't think the boy's too bright.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Timothy:

I used to dislike politics too--or at least be bored to tears by it. But at some poiint prior to the last election, I read a series of articles about Bush in the New Yorker magazine that really opened my eyes, along with the film Fahrenheit 911. At least I voted, because then I can say I did what I could to try to get Bush ousted, but alas...

It amazes me that there are so many who will support him no matter how badly he and his cronies foul everything up and are exposed for rephrehensible behavior. Much of this stuff is a travesty--we are being used and duped, and this is not what democracy is all about in my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home