Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Friday, December 23, 2005

Does the top post of the year have YOUR name on it?

While we're on the subject of hits, links, ranks, and all that rot:

Mr. Snitch! is doing a beautiful thing for the holiday season. He' s looking for the top 100 posts of the year, Mr. Snitch! style. So if you have a bitchin' post that is languishing in your archives, here's a chance to let it see the light of day once more-- with feeling.

As Mr. Snitch! so eloquently puts it:

"Now that the frenetic clamoring for blogosphere awards is about over, what were the year's best posts?

If your blog won an award this year, our sincere congratulations! But this post is not for you.

For everyone else: Even if most web awards weren't an exercise in driving traffic (compare traffic numbers with Wizbang's list of award winners, and you'll understand), they still don't direct us to the best posts of the year. Great posts happen independently of traffic stats. In fact, some bloggers are likely to create great (and unknown) posts precisely because they spend less time doing self-promotion and more time writing. Those are the posts we want to acknowledge."

The deadline for submissions is December 30th. See Mr. Snitch's post here for details and guidelines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home