Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Blogging from both sides of my brain


My Brain on MRI
Originally uploaded by CaptPiper.
Thanks to all my blog pals who congratulated me on joining Blogcritics. As I've mentioned in the comments, it's not like they recruited me or anything--I just asked to join based on their criteria. In other words, if anyone here is interested, you could join up too.

The thing about the site that really excited me was that it deals with another side of writing that I've come to love and practice over the years--cultural criticism, review, and analysis. (Not to mention that being a blog whore, I just couldn't resist the fact that Blogcritics is one of the most well-visited sites on the internet, with millions of hits under its awe-inspiring belt.) The site is basically set up as an on-line general interest magazine, covering music, books, film, television, culture in general, politics, sports, gaming, science and tech, current events and breaking news, opinion, and satire. Quite a tempting menu for me, to say the least.

Anyway, my point, if there is one, is that my personal blog is great for, well, personal, first person rants. Blogcritics makes me use the other side of my writing brain as well.

However, some of my posts here cross over and can be adapted to Blogcritics. So yesterday, I cut down and edited another Shithouse oldie and posted "Pomo for Dummies." This was resurrected from deep in the Shithouse archives, so most people who read me here now would never have seen it anyway. It's gratifying to go back to some of these posts, dust them off, clean them up, and bring them back into the "spotlight," such as it is.

But of course, as with everything else, I've got some Jewish blog-guilt going on over the fact that I've fallen behind on commenting and visiting my Shithouse pals. Even before this, I found keeping up with the posting/visiting/ commenting/responding to comments merry go round to be a very challenging endeavor. But I am definitely not giving that up!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in pomo (aka postmodernism), swing on by Blogcritics and take a peek at Pomo for Dummies and check out the site itself if you've a mind to. And again, if you're interested in joining Blogcritics yourself, you can find more info here.

8 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Swifty:

Thanks for the marv comment! Loved it. I've tried three times to post a response, but apparently their comments function is a little wacky right now.

Avoid the booze? My good man, whyever would you even consider such a thing, especially with the state of the world today?

Speaking of which, if you're in a morose mood, check out my Apocalypse now? post. Though it might be better to hit the booze first for that one. (lol).

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Swifty:

I finally was able to post my comment to your comment on Blogcritics. Again, many thanks! You've really enhanced my post with your comment.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Justine said...

guilt? I thought that was a catholic thing.

I think you have a very pretty brain. I'm off to read your "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" entry...

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger BiPolar Guy said...

ODE TO POSTMODERNISM

ode
mode
modern
modernism
postmodernism

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Justine:

In the battle of the guilty, I challenge you:

My Jewish guilt can kick Catholic guilt's ass!

Or maybe it's the other way around. Guess it's a toss-up.

In any case, thanks so much for visiting and commenting to the Apocalypse post. I still prefer the smell of coffee in the morning, though.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

bipolar guy:

LOVE it!!!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

That's fun!

Don't have blog-guilt...blogging can become uber time consuming--I haven't gotten around to responding to the comments from my last 3 posts. Unfortunately the job that I had last year allowed me to blog 7.5 hours a day. That has been considerable cut down.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

newyorkmoments:

A job where you don't have sufficient time to blog? I HATE when that happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home