Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Come to my party, my Tupperware party...

Yes, I do believe there was an actual advertising jingle associated with Tupperware parties that aired long ago, and it still haunts me today. I've never had the pleasure of attending one, although I did attend a naughty lingerie party once.

Well, there is a "party" of sorts going on all right, but it has naught to do with Tupperware.

Just "had" to mention that my Blogcritics post Pro-Life or Anti-Sex? has garnered 182 comments so far.

And the vast majority of them aren't even from me (lol)!!!

It's enough to warm the cockles of any comment whore's heart.

But as I said in a recent comment to Ice, simply mention "pro-life," "pro-choice" or "sex" in a post, and you've got yourself a feeding frenzy like you wouldn't believe.

However, there are some rather peculiar life forms surfacing over there. I hereby invite my Shithouse blog buddies to swing on by and leave a comment of your own if you'd like and inject some reason into the proceedings.

15 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Ladybug said...

i'll come! you bring the wine and cheese, i'll bring the stripper! LOL!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger erl said...

DAMN 182.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Walker said...

I went but its a subject matter that has to much passion and conviction on both sides.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I'm happy for you Elvira. I have used tupperware on quite a few occasions. I have found that it is quite adaptable. Like when one is freezing carob tofu ice cream.

You'll be glad to know that my friend likes carnations. That or being told that his eyes are the most beautiful shade of turquoise. I think I may be writing poetry soon.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Jeff Faria said...

I myself have attended naughty Tupperware parties. I burped them but good, let me tell you. Those girls were filthy - and fresh!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Jessie:
Please do come with your fighting shoes on! The party, as the B-52's liked to say, has definitely gone "out of bounds!"

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

ERL:
Hey g/f? How are ya? Thanks for stopping by...

It's up to 254 comments now...so come on down! Together, maybe we can break some sort of absurd, pointless commenting record (lol)...

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Walker:

OMG--yes, I saw your terrific comment, but in all the sturm und drang I think I didn't respond personally. I thought was you said was right on as usual, and I'm so glad you added a little Walker to the mix! Thank you.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Ice:

Thanks!

Somehow I thought you might be a Tupperware guy. I'm sure you have to keep your vegan stuff pretty separate from your parent's concoctions and all.

Glad your friend liked the flowers...turquoise eyes? Sweet! Poetry? Methinks Ice is in love!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Mr. Snitch:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I had no idea you could be quite so naughty! Those see-through containers do come in handy for locking in...freshness, don't they?

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I love him in a platonic way, not a romantic way. Huge difference. It's not as if he doesn't feel strongly about me as well. Also, I have done paintings for him before. I haven't had a chance recently as I have been doing a lot of reading for classes, but I will soon. I have had some lyrical ideas. I did sort of dedicate an Emmylou Harris song to him. I also told him that from different angles, he's different types of beautiful. However, I maintain that I am not in love with the man. I simply appreciate his many fine qualities.

Back to "Long, Long Time." Would you care to analyze the emotions of the character in the song?

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kiley said...

Heheh...you rock, Elvira! :-)

SOrry for the delay in getting around; I've been feeling very crappy and mopey and hostile in general lately (festive mix, eh?).

(((hugs))),
ariK

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Ice:

Long long time? The emotions of the character in the song? Lesse...um...miserable?

I still say all the hugging and stuff is pretty romantic, but from what I understand of your preferences this is kind of the way you prefer it, so I'm happy for you!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

AriK:

So sorry you're feeling so down, g/f! Hope you can get outta that gig you're in and go somewhere where they'll fully appreciate your brains and talent (and maybe give you more bucks to boot).

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous seo back links said...

I should tell you that your blog articles and other content is extremely great. It truly is not simple to retain this kind of top quality in the webpage. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home