Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Blogging, commenting, life, the universe, and everything


Blogging For Gaijin
Originally uploaded by Robert Sanzalone.
Well, I don't want to jinx it, but my blogging slump may actually be coming to an end, at least for now. It may be chiefly due to an up in my Effexor meds. For those who don't take psych meds, it may be hard to understand, but having the right mix of seratonin and all those other feel good brain chemicals can make the difference between laying passively on the couch for months on end and actually having the will and enthusiasm to write and live life, whatever that may mean. Not to mention that when those chemicals go way out of whack the result can be hospitalization and all that other fun stuff I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Or if mania strikes, one may find oneself doing outrageous and deeply regrettable things, though it may feel good at the time.

I so love the comments I've received in the last few posts and beyond. I was debating whether to go back and answer them all individually which is what I used to do routinely. I would never want anyone to get the impression that I'm rude or ungrateful.

But even in my blogging heyday, sometimes I'd fall behind in my commenting and wondered if a reply to a comment late in the game was just absurd.

So I'm debating whether it would be more efficient and make more sense to just go to a commenter's blog and leave a comment there instead. Though I used to do both, but as I say it can become a quagmire of sorts.

In any case, I am very very grateful for any and all comments, and will try to reciprocate in one way or another if I can.

6 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its nice having you back blogging but we all get into a slump sometimes.
I have changed in the last 6 months myself in many of my bloging activities .
For one I dont post every day any more.
Some of my posts get to much oput of meand as for answerimnng my comments. I as you have always answered my comments but lately i slowed down a bit as well.
As much as I love to interact with many of the people on my blog, trying to answer 100 comments a week intelligently and post as well, pretty much eats up alot of my day.
Throw in the 100 or so blogs i read then it becomes a job and i hate working. lol

Do as you feel, I think most of us love to read and if you feel like answering a comment then to it, if not well then, not.

Have a great weekend

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Timothy said...

Either way you choose to comment is fine with me! It is great to know you actaully read them. I love your blog site and visit often, although I do not always comment. I remember the Johnny Winter art from awhile back, at least one of the versions.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

It is hard enough to find time to blog, let alone comment.

Although I usually figure that if someone took the time to comment I should reciprocate.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A: Here's a comment: thanks for taking the time to write, and write well at that.

B: You can answer this comment if you like. Or not. And, either way, I may or may not come back to read your answer.

C: B has no bearing on A.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I will share with you what I have shared with countless others.

I feel prettier than the Easter bunny.

I have existed in the years before time was born again to the ironic people like the starry stove that cooks the sweet dreams of the wilderness.

No, I'm not Faith Hill.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just a blog. Answering a comment is always nice but if it's late that is good too

Blogging intensely feels like a job, but I'm not sure that a job that doesn't pay is a good one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home