Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thanks are in order all around


DSC01065
Originally uploaded by scherre.
Thank you all for your kind comments and words of support regarding my dilemma. Whilst I gather my thoughts, I just wanted to give a little shoutout to three other guys--besides you guys--that I love. Yes, love.

Little did I know that my silly little post about cheese doodle attacks with a cold 12-bean soup chaser would also get attention from the fantabulous Mr. Snitch! and the stupendous Guy in New York--the latter via this week's Big Apple Blog Festival. (Do check out the BABF for the latest from my fellow New York bloggers.) Very kind of them, indeed!

There's another man I'm giving thanks to as well--and I'm singing his praises over at Blogcritics.org:

Thank you, Mr. Skin!

Mr. Skin has himself a little website where he gathers together film cliips featuring celeb's naughty bits and offers them up to his fans. A great public service, if I do say so.

And switching from heartfelt gratitude to simmering annoyance, I offer up a sobering national development. Nothing too important, really. Just a little matter of a new U.S. law that just went into effect making it, like, a federal crime to "annoy" anyone online under an assumed name:

Annoyed? Don't EVEN get me started!!!

I'll be back with more on my so-called life soon. Thanks again, everyone!

18 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Took me a while, but I did the meme you tagged me for.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger PG said...

oh I looooove Mr. Skin!!
They interviewed him on a sports station here in the Boston area and he was awesome.
Well, m'lady, I am so glad to read you are hanging in there!
I was worried! Keep the faith!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger dan said...

Damn. If I can't annoy you any more, what am I to do?

Oh right. dan is my real name. I'm safe.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, you're like famous, elvira!!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

Elvira, I think I have something that might make you feel better. My friend told me the other night that he washes his hands after using the restroom and uses soap. By the way, he's over the whole stalking thing.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Not sure what happened but it must be in the AIR or SEWAGE one!! I can only imagine...b/c some scum attacked me too. I was informed myself about that comment you made about ANON. News to me...Who do you report to though? (LOL) I want to know...I have some trolls I desire to disolve. (smiling) or stick something in their mouths.

Hope things are going good for you. Been out of pocket with many of my blogger friends lately, sorry I am just getting over here.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

Mr. 12 Step:

All right...you go, Mr. 12!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

ee:

I'm shamed to say I'd never heard of him, though the concept is brilliant. I hear he's a big radio celeb of sorts, and does a Mr. Skin Minute which I thought he was due to do on the new Howard Stern Cirius show. But he also has these archived. Must get that up to the minute info on all the stars dropping their clothes every minute!

Thanks for the words of support, ee. I know you've been through some turmoil yourself in the past? , and I figured you could sympathize.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

dan:

If you didn't annoy, I'd report you to the authorities immediately, so good thing you're using your real name!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger elvira black said...

webmiztris:

Aw, shucks! I'm just a bipolar fish in a little pond who's just trying to swim upstream a little...thanks though!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Maggs said...

Just stoppin' in to say hi...

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Justine said...

hugs
&heart;

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger dot said...

"jambambo!!"

Lol! I love it...

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blackie,

Please read your 1-8-06 post on a free stay, if you can swing it.

Keep me posted on what is going on. S and I have a room ready for you, if you want to head out west.

If you want to fly, I can get you a free airline too. Let me know.

BLLB

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger jane said...

Glad you're doing alright Elvira!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Ladybug said...

hope all turns out well for you dear! take care of yourself!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger digibrill said...

I'll pray you find a place. Keep up the blogging contact with us so we can know what's going on.

BTW your blogroll/archives etc. sidebar is broken in IE (probably a width thing since it's breaking to below the main post content).

Peace and grace.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Life has its moments, doesn't it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home