Shithouse rat

I'm a bipolar writer in the Naked City. I'm not playing with a full deck. I don't have all my dots on the dice. My cheese is sliding off my cracker. I don't have both oars in the water. I'm a bubble off plum. In other words, I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. These are my stories. Comments--short or long, nasty or nice--always welcome!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Banned by BlogExplosion!!!

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:08:18 +0100
To: bowlegarivle@yahoo.com
Subject: Blog denied at Blog Explosion -- Profanity in title
From: "BlogExplosion" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Upon reviewing your blog we have to deny it because there is profanity
in the title of your blog. If you still want to be a member you will
need to change the title of your blog and re-submit for approval.

Site reviewed:
Shithouse rat
http://elvirablack.blogspot.com

Sincerly,
BlogExplosion Team

Seems as BlogExplosion doesn't want me on their "team." Hmmm...think I should change the name of my blog? I don't THINK so...

I joined BlogExplosion quite awhile ago, but hardly ever visited or utilized it. I decided to take another gander at it the other day, and found that though I was still registered, my blog was no longer listed. I assumed it was because I'd been absent from the site for so long, and resubmitted it. The result was this e-mail.

I've heard that they've switched owners, so I suppose this is why I'm no longer welcome. Could it be owned by born again Christians, I wonder? I felt rather outraged at first--I am not a fan of censorship, to say the least--but that's the way it goes...

11 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Water Closet Rat? or Poophouse Rat? or maybe Shithouse Rodent? Unbelievable. Of what marvelous privileges will you be deprived, EB, for your failure to comply?

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Al:

Water closet rat--lol! I like that.

BlogExplosion is one of a number of sites where you can increase your traffic by surfing other member sites. The more sites you visit, the more credits you earn, and the more fellow members will surf you. Or something like that.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It-shay Ouse-Hay At-ray? Maybe they won't decipher the pig latin. Censorship be damned! That's pretty unbelievable.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had thought that the original owners were members of the radical right but don't think so

If they were to take it to the logical conclusion they should ban all blogs that mention you or link to you or contain words considered to be curse words--personally I think "cunt" is much worse than any real four letter word. Doesn't stop me from using it though

Al didn't know about BE. Began his blogging "career" through reading my blog--most people don't come through BE to Courting--though to Google me sometimes is to think that only people come from BE

Blogging is a strange world Elvira and very petty and competitive for something that doesn't pay for most people

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pia's right on the money, EB. I thought -- and still think -- that "Courting Destiny" is the gateway to the blogosphere. :-)

I found my way to Pia's place several months ago through a friend's ("In Transit", hauntedcellardoor.blogspot.com) blogroll. From there, I found lots of great people, yourself included. Blog Explosion? I'll look into it, but who needs it?

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have our own little club going - Meet Me at Courting. I too came through Pia's blog after reading her cover story on the LI Press. And here we all are. All New Yorkers too.

We don't need your stinking Blog Explosion.

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! EB, if you're obscene, then I guess I'm un-CLEAN:

"In reviewing your site we have determined it to be difficult to read for other members for either color combination problems (eg text and background) or poor layout and design.

Please address these issues and re-submit when you have made the changes. We do not like to impose any creative restrictions on members but they must at minimum be easy to view by other people.

Site reviewed:
Up The Hudson With Gun and Camera"

Well, I guess I've got no choice now but to go out and hang myself.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Hey guys:

It is a bit disconcerting, like they're trying to Disneyfy the internet. I mean, my blog is not obscene (is it?)

About a year or so ago, I remember reading about how big search engines were buckling under pressure from the Chinese govt to restrict access to certain sites, and that was kind of creepy. But as always, when money's involved, principles can go outta the window fast. Plus I guess a bowlderized i-net is better than none at all...

Also a few stories about regular blogsites that got cut off seemingly for no good reason.

I've found some very cool sites just from meandering around other folks' blogrolls. The BE thing never really appealed to me too much somehow. I think I tried it for a day or two when i was originally a member.

G: LOL--pig latin--now why didn't I think of that?

Al: are you serious? No way!

Brink, Pia: I hear you--the blogosphere is a strange place indeed.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way, tootsie, way. That was cut-and-paste from their response to my application, which I submitted for the hell of it after reading your post. Ain't that somethin'?

No worries, though. I have a shitload (gasp! I said shit!) of rejection antibodies in my bloodstream. So, as this comment demonstrates, I didn't actually go out and hang myself over this.

Happy New Year anyway, Elvira. The shits at BE completely notwithstanding. :-)

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Al:

Hell, what is this, 1984 in the blogosphere?

"Your blog does not conform to Party standards. The layout is subversive. Please to make necessary changes dictated by Party members."

Ugh!

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - so this just got really weird!

Many months ago, I too met "in transit" hauntedcellardoor.blogspot.com who is quite a writer indeed.

i introduced her to Pia's blog, which she then linked. that link must've caught Al's attention and now look- we're all kinda having a blog party.

it's such a small blogosphere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home